Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Job Interview

So I have a job interview in approximately one hour. The thing that sucks is that I don't really want this job. As a matter of fact, I would rather ride the gravy train of unemployment and give up my lifestyle of shopping and spending too much money on dumb things than work for this agency. I will not name them for that would be bad bad bad. The funny thing is my interview today is actually a second interview. So I'm dumb enough to show up a second time knowing that I don't want to work for them. What does that say about me? I've been told to just listen to what they have to offer, blah, blah, blah. But how do I make that feeling in my gut go away that is clearly indicative of a huge warning sign screaming, "NO DON'T GO IN THERE". So my way of dealing with it will be to go there and smile and make like I give a shit. Awesome. Nothing like feeling like a sell out. Well, one good thing is I'm not so desperate that I have to take the gig. That would be really bad to know that I need a job so bad that I have to take anything that comes my way. Yikes. Well, I guess things could be worse. I could be working as the dude who picks up roadkill on the side of the road. That would suck. How does someone get that job? Come to think of it, I had a weird teacher in high school who would actually go out and pick up dead animals on the side of the road and take them home for din din. Hmmm, that's icky. He would also put his old tighty whiteys on his dog when she was in heat. He actually shared this info with us during chemistry class. That was a nice trip down memory lane.

Alas, I must be off to get ready for this rocking interview. I will return later with a complete rundown of my happenings.

Later gators

3 comments:

Adrianne said...

High school would have been much more interesting if I had teachers like you did. Hope the interview went well.

Reba said...

How'd it go lalo? Hope (maybe) that it went well...or bad if you wanted it that way?? :O)

Lush said...

Just today, I had a lady tell me her husband bagged his trophy buck this year with a combine. Yes, a farm implement combine. She was so proud that it was minimally damaged and she could get 170lbs of meat out of it. Your roadkill comments made me think of that.