Friday, November 21, 2008

McDonald's Playland

So Sweet Tits and I took our young'n to Mac N Don's Supperclub this evening for some fine cuisine and the like because this bitch ain't cooking on a Friday. Anyhoo, we met a friend at the playland there b/c she's a single mom and her kiddo is 3 y.o. and she needs adult interaction. Great, we get that and we are there to help a sista out. Now, I have never deigned to enter this area of the establishment before and I sure wish someone had warned me prior to tonight b/c OMG. Nothing about our evening was even remotely fun. First of all, I had icicles hanging from my nips b/c it was so farging cold in there. WTF? Second, I didn't get the memo that it was White Trash and Mullets Night, so we were completely under-dressed and under-styled. At one point there was a genderless child that fashioned a mullet so hideous I may just have nightmares. It's hair was actually shaved up the sides with a sort of faux mohawk/mullet going on. Now, I want to know who did this to this child. I believe there have been serious laws broken here b/c this is clearly so wrong on so many levels. What was even worse is that my jaw was just slackened in a mouth breathing sort of way b/c I was absolutely stumped as to the sex of this child. It had at least one ear pierced and I couldn't make my eyes go any further down the body. I got stuck on mullet and pierced ear. My friend pointed out that It was wearing a Boy Scouts shirt so there ended our mystery. Thank God for that or I may not have been able to eat my chicken mcnugglets.

Finally, there were so many children running all willy nilly in there with no supervision that I wanted to commit mass murder. At one point, I did yell at some rabble for trying to clothesline my kid. I happened to read the "rules" board stipulating the expectations of playland participants and discovered that rules were being broken right and left in there.

As I write this, I gain some perspective on my negative attitude b/c I fully admit I'm a control freak. Quite frankly, I revert to age 10 and become "Rule Girl" when I find that folks are not following along with the rules. Maybe it's because I crave safety and never had it as a kid, not sure. But I honestly don't want to Freud myself right now.

Here's my final take on these playland/devil's playground type environments. Unless you want your child to grow up and run away at age 16 to join the carnival, don't patronize these places. I'm so serious. The next time I go to Mac N Don's, I might just have PTSD from this lovely experience. I think what made it worse was that Sugar Lips was tired and had the patience of a bunch of kids on a summer day waiting for the ice cream truck.

But I'm now home, writing this blog and getting ready to watch some tv. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Wowie! Yet another reason I don't want friggn' kids. Makes my nutz creep up inside my body just thinking about it. On another note, looks like we need to delve into the whole control freak issue. Sit on Dr. Mike's couch and tell me all about it. Other than that, funny as always!

Reba said...

OMG Stop it I can't take it anymore... my side is hurting I'm laughing so hard. I'm totally a rule freak when it comes to that too! Especially @ the mall when you have some 10 foot tall kid running around the play area beating on all the little kids. I have to go pee now before I wet myself!